Insulating Concrete Forms
Insulating Concrete Forms (ICFs)
Over the past ten years we’ve committed considerable resources to work closely with the best ICF concrete home builders and installers in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa. To learn more about ICF’s for residential construction and potential contractors, Contact us for more information.
When building a new home, don’t miss out on the many advantages of building with Insulated Concrete Forms (ICFs) for the above grade exterior walls. ICF homes are safe, beautiful, energy efficient, and quiet.
Given that energy savings and comfort are built into every ICF system, it’s no secret that Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa lead the nation with new construction incorporating ICFs into the above grade exterior walls:
- ICF walls have been proven to be nearly 60% more efficient when it comes to heating and cooling costs when compared to traditional wood framing.
- Experience the increased safety and security of a home that can withstand tornado winds up to 200 mph.
- Concrete homes provide a continuous insulation and sound barrier— you will rarely hear street or airport traffic as compared to wood-frame walls with fiberglass insulation.
- Easily eliminate the possibility of mold growth within the exterior walls as ICF’s and concrete not support mold growth.
The use of Insulated Concrete Forms (ICFs) for commercial projects has grown exponentially over the past 10 years. Energy codes across the US have changed requiring designers to have continuous insulation for exterior walls and ICFs provide the perfect solution.
Not only are designers recognizing the energy savings from using ICFs, they are also realizing the many other benefits including:
- Increased fire resistance
- Ability to downsize mechanical systems
- Increased resistance to man-made and natural disasters
- Ease of use
- Improved indoor air quality
- Elimination of air and water barriers above grade
- Increased speed of construction
- Cost effective both short and long term
- Flexibility in terms of design and exterior finishes
- Reduced CO2 emissions over the life of the structure when compared to wood
Based on the many benefits, ICFs are now being used to construct the following types of structures across the country in lieu of steel or wood:
- Educational facilities
- University and college dormitories
- Movie theaters
- Multi-family housing
- 911 critical facilities such as fire stations and clinics
- Municipal buildings